Apply to the 2017 EnPleinAirTEXAS Competition
1. Applications will be accepted beginning January 1, 2017. Final date to apply is May 1, 2017.
2. Artists must complete their application, upload three jpeg images of plein air work, and submit a $40 non-refundable registration fee online no later than Midnight CST on May 1, 2017.
3. Once you submit this form, you will be redirected to the payment page. You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours.
4. Review the 2017 Prospectus noted below first and then click to apply at the bottom of this page.
Prospectus & Application
Applications will be accepted starting January 1, with a deadline of May 1, 2017 !
Our 2017 EnPleinAirTEXAS COMPETITION ARTISTS agree to the following:
*Attend Artists’ ORIENTATION and WELCOME RECEPTION to meet your Host Home family and event sponsors and volunteers.
*Paint daily, preferably in the advertised venues, and interact with the public to increase interest and the possibility of sales. Make all efforts to attend artist luncheon & events that are planned for public interaction. Artist meals at all events are complimentary.
*Submit 2 completed artworks, framed and ready to be hung, for the awards competition with a maximum canvas size of 24” x 24". All work must be completed on an EnPleinAirTEXAS 2017 stamped canvas, and produced en plein air, without the assistance of photography. The competition paintings may not be pre-sold.
*Agree to price work within artist’ normal retail pricing structure, understanding that a 40% commission on all works sold will be retained by the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts. All sales will be handled by representatives of the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts.
*Provide up to 8 additional plein air paintings, framed and ready to be hung, that are produced during the week of the event (or brought from home), that may be used as backup paintings for sale during the weekend exhibit.
*Any paintings painted during the week may be offered for sale & displayed in the Wet Gallery before the weekend, if desired.
*Attend the Collectors’ STAMPEDE and Awards Party & Sale to celebrate a great week of painting, reconnect with people met during the week, and meet potential new collectors.
*Participate in the 2 hour Quick-Draw Paint-Out.
*Attend the 'Chuck Wagon Breakfast with the Artists' at Ft. Concho on Sunday, Oct. 29th, and spend some time afterwards in the Competition Gallery to network & encourage final sales.
*Pick Up any work that does not sell at the end of the event, or make prior arrangements for shipment.
*Agree that selling any work produced from one week prior to one week after the competition, or any work commissioned as a result of participation in EnPleinAirTEXAS will also require a 40% commission to be paid to the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts.
*Allow the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts to use images of work of the Competition Artists for publicity purposes.
Famous for our West Texas Hospitality, we LOVE our Artists and offer some SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES to make everything better for you!
- PRE-EVENT PAINT OUT is planned for Saturday, Oct. 21st. You are encouraged to arrive early and 'warm-up' to our West Texas scenery in a friendly community near San Angelo that is not on the event painting schedule.
- HOST FAMILY HOMES will be offered to all competition artists beginning on Friday, October 20. Artists are encouraged to arrive early to get to know the area and be inspired!
- ALL EVENTS involving competition artists and food are free to the artists; in addition, lunch is provided daily. We feed you very well!!
- THE WET GALLERY at Gallery Verde, Event Information Headquarters, gives artists the option to showcase freshly painted artwork. Visitors have the chance to see your personal work and purchase it early. We had excellent early sales in 2016!
- There will be opportunities for artists to engage the public with personal talks and demonstrations in local galleries or venues, and in local schools. More information to come!
Call for entries opens January 1, 2017 and
the deadline to apply is May 1, 2017.
All Artists, whether accepted as a 2017 Competition Artist or not, are invited as our guests to compete in the 2017 EnPleinAirTEXAS Quick-Draw event. More details to come this spring on the website.